Separatism in Canada tomorrow?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
wireman

Separatism in Canada tomorrow?

Post by wireman »

Merlin- Mes Amis,
See where Quebecois want to separate?? Really didn't know how much electric power, they provide to the East coast of the US w/their hydroelectric plants. Tomorrow is the day. Wonder how the first Nation people feel about this? Corruption rampant in some
Counties ? Not allowed to have and own solar panels -on your property?? County of Pontiac-quebec ! Farmland and wilderness area!
Quebec building electric car "fill up" stations across and adding more w/plans to have 40% family cars electric by 2020! Never really understood why quebecois offered more free services than any other Province must be the monies they receive from the dams lg 1-3.
Gonna be interesting to see how they vote ,could save a few bux not having to print both languages on documents.
Funny my latin teacher despaired of me learning and being able to ever comprehend the usage. I did it albeit belatedly. :lol:
Separatists -Go Quebec go tabarnac!!Wish you guys all the best. Tough choices.Decades back it was almost a done deal, but many corporations ,money, people left,just hope this time, it all works out.
wireman Cheers
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Separatism in Canada tomorrow?

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:See where Quebecois want to separate??
It's not yet a referendum on separation but more about an election tomorrow, but since the other federalist party had the power for 8 years and we are sick of them, the other separatist party is the one chosen by default.

The surveys give them a large margin so they should win it and then they will ask for a referendum and only then we will vote whether Quebec stays in Canada or if we separate and become our own french country.

In 1981, the referendum was 40% YES (for separation) and 60% NO. We had another one in 1995 and it was 49.5% YES (for separation) and 50.5% NO.

The surveys are saying that old dudes want to stay in Canada but the youngsters want to separate and as time goes by, the old ones die and the kids grow up so I'm pretty sure that if The PQ party wins tomorrow (and it looks like they will) the next referendum and Canada separation won't be too far away.

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

more about an election tomorrow, but since the other federalist party had the power for 8 years and we are sick of them, the other separatist party is the one chosen by default.
Hmmmmm,
PQ wins w/ a bang ,not a whimper.Seems you were correct, tired of the liberals shitz. Marois, Premier designate, rather roughly hustled off stage-by her bodyguards???? during the celebratory Victory celebrations.Whoo what a way to welcome the first ever
Woman Quebecois Premier!." Chaos theory" in action.Would be nice you have your own country ,make your own laws etc.Secession,
yeh!!. :) Someone was killed? Soon to hear negative shitz, others do not want this to happen Mon Ami!! People in power want to stay in power usually anyway possible so they toss in a false flag, blame it on the Quebecois. Anyhow good win congrats!
wireman :)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:People in power want to stay in power
I don't think the assassination attempt on PQ's Pauline Marois was coming from a liberal party member who loss his election, even people in the US with lots of guns don't start shooting people after an election.

No, this comes from a twisted fuck like those who shoot people in high schools. There will always be those morons who kill people and then shoot themselves up after to mess up with the head of everyone left.

As for yesterday's attempt, as I said earlier, this was just an election day and NOT a referendum on Quebec/Canada separation. In other words, if it gets there it's gonna be ugly. She will give her victory speech in a nuclear bunker. Do you have some room at NORAD? :lol:

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Do you have some room at NORAD? :lol:

Hell yes, I would make room for her!! She is one gutsy lady to come right back on the podium and calm people down ,you're right, he did appear crazed-saw a photo of him dressed strangely,facial expression mirrored his actions.An attempt on the life of a democratically elected official even though botched He tried to express his opinion in the worst possible way.
Placing a table card reservation for Pauline! Wow FLQ crisis-LaPorte-Oka Indian uprising- you're earlier attempts to secede now this ,
again you know your country better than I, still willing to concur blast proof bunker if you finally succeed to secede. :)
What the hell was he screaming "les anglais souviens"??? franco dood though sounded anglophone.Pretty momentous events all.
Seems this asshat tried to ruin your victory celebrations in a grandiose way. We have these nutcases down here as well.Still rather have us armed ,would have shot that phuk dead. Is that typical of English speaking Canadians, towards Quebecois .
Once again he sure looked Bat-Shit crazy in that photo is that a bathrobe he is wearing ,they must always leave the back doors of the Metropolis open huh? Shitz uncool this . Our newsreaders are trying to resell the Democrats here, I want no part of this, our country is no longer number 1 in the world,we are spread to thin everywhere, worldwide. Correspondingly not too much of your news
on our Boob tubes regarding Canada -brief mentions is all.
Congrats on the win though :D and good luck w/the referendum.
wireman Cheers
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:What the hell was he screaming "les anglais souviens"??? franco dood though sounded anglophone.
Yeah something like that and then I heard "Payback" so obviously some anglo dude wanted to kill the PQ leader for winning.
wireman wrote:Is that typical of English speaking Canadians, towards Quebecois
Well it has ALWAYS been like this ever since America was discovered. Have you seen the movie "Gangs of New York"? It was a war between UK and Irish while here in Quebec, it's UK descendants against France descendants. Always was, always will be.

The problem we have here is a matter of respect. In short, the province of Quebec is 85% French speaking but because its in Canada many immigrants come in Quebec and don't give a damn about speaking French, they say I'm in Canada and in Canada we speak English. :? And well... they are right so here in Montreal, we have a lot of neighborhoods where many nations speak their own native language or English but don't want to learn or speak French. :roll: :evil:

Imagine a bunch of Chinese immigrants who would come in the US and create stores where all the outside signs are in Chinese and when Americans come in, they would be served in Chinese because they don't give a damn about learning English. I think they would all get shot or deported by the end of the month right? :lol:

I'm not a super core separatist like many in the PQ party but by respect to my French ancestors who died by the 1000s to make this North American land French, I have to vote Yes to a referendum so that we can have our own laws and enforce a French speaking population so that we don't lose our French identity here in North America where we are surrounded by English speaking people.

To be honest, I don't think that Canada will suffer from that since we will not move Quebec near the Caribbeans (btw if anyone knows how to do that PLEASE let us know ;) ) and we will not build a Berlin Wall between Quebec and Ontario or the USA border either :lol: because it's ALL ABOUT MONEY these days so as longs as good and services continues to travel, we don't give a damn that we are part of 1 or 2 countries. Same for the US I think. It will be business as usual the day of the separation if it happens.

Merlin