A Great Lesson In Detachment

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Panchak Dreamer

A Great Lesson In Detachment

Post by Panchak Dreamer »

I've had attachment issues all my life, so the recent shutting-down of my prior online "home" kicked me into a mindset that said, "I've got to find a new forum to put my roots down in". However, thanks to a wise soul I met there, I now see that this would probably be a mistake, especially at this point in my "path". I'd just be repeating old, stale behavior, and so failing to grow.

I now see that there are many potential benefits for me to take a 'scatter' approach - instead of choosing a hangout and setting up a soapbox at my own barstool, I will be better served playing drifter, just wandering back and forth between a variety of forums and gleaning what treasures I can from each.

Among the benefits to me will be less temptation to blather, exposure to a wider variety of views and ideas, and the chance to get used to NOT trying desperately to find and then grab onto an outer "solid ground", which is only an illusion in the end anyway.

I thought this might be useful enough to share, so I did it! :D
"If I could only reach that dial inside and turn it up" - RUSH, 'Face Up'
NicB

Re: A Great Lesson In Detachment

Post by NicB »

Thanks for sharing! Definitely something i can relate to.

I think it is part of human nature to want to set up "home" roots and then build from there. But sometimes it's interesting to experience the opposite method, in order to appreciate the relative "original" method. (if that makes sense)

good luck on your "homeless" path! hehe