Hello - excited about the info here

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
oldbob

Hello - excited about the info here

Post by oldbob »

Hey Merlin and crew. First off, thanks to Merlin for this site and great info. I have been doing affirmations for over 15 years now via cassette tapes, and they have been a tremendous positive in my life. They are instrumental in me overcoming 12 years of horrific ulcerative colitis. However, I have never done them thru the night, so I'm very excited to try this.

I agree with Merlin saying that one must believe the affirmations or they wont work. Let me offer a quick example. I was raised a fundamentalist Christian, and God has always been a major part of my life. When I first started this journey 15 years or so ago, I made a tape and in it was an affirmation that went something like, "God loves me just the way I am", or "God loves me unconditionally".

So, when I first went into a self-hypnotic trance, played this tape and came to that unconditional love part, I had a very violent physical reaction and nearly vomited. This obviously snapped me out of the trance and frightened me. I tried this again later, and the very same reaction...a violent retching/vomiting. After some reflection and inward honesty, I discovered that, because of my upbringing, I did not believe God loved me at all, thus my sub-conscious violently rejected the lie I was trying to force upon it.

Thankfully I have worked through all that, but the lesson remains, you have to believe your affirmations. Reading and absorbing books such as Bruce Lipton's "the biology of belief' can be huge/fast help in expanding within and developing beliefs one can really have faith in - if that makes sense. :)
Thanks again,
Old Bob
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Hello - excited about the info here

Post by Merlin »

oldbob wrote:So, when I first went into a self-hypnotic trance, played this tape and came to that unconditional love part, I had a very violent physical reaction and nearly vomited.
Seems to me you were having Cleaning symptoms my friend. This happens when you are removing old beliefs.

Here's what Teri Mahaney has to say about those symptoms following a NAP (she calls it SuperSleep® recording)...

= = = = = =

After working with hundreds of people and observing their responses, I have developed some general guidelines for what you can expect.

Clearing and Processing

Clearing and processing are terms I use to name what you experience while you are listening to a SuperSleep® recording. It is your mind/brain/body's personal and unique way of working through the issues. It is what is happening while you release and transform your core level thoughts, feelings and patterns. You are clearing the past from your long term memories, and your process to do this can occur on all levels - mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual. This can be intense and is usually over in a few days.

Mentally, you may have long forgotten memories surface. You may be cotton-headed, foggy, confused, or unclear for a short time. For instance, if you have issues with overspending and are clearing money, you may think of the times you spent foolishly or extravagantly. You may think nothing in your financial life is working, especially the way you spend money.

Emotionally, you may feel grief, anger, sadness, irritation, remorse - or any unexpressed or unhealed emotion around the issues you are addressing. For instance, if you have trouble saying no and you are clearing assertiveness, you may feel fear of speaking up for yourself. You may re-experience your anger about being ignored, denied, or ridiculed when you spoke up in the past.

Physically, you may become tired, experience flu-like symptoms, or have discomfort in areas of your body in which memories, experiences, and patterns are stored. For instance, if you had chronic stomach aches during childhood, and you are clearing childhood or family dysfunction, you may experience a stomach ache.

Processing is normal and usually over within a few days. When the clearing process is complete, you will have neutral or no feelings about the issues that were on your recording. They will no longer control you, and you will be free to create your future without their influence or effect..

oldbob wrote:Reading and absorbing books such as Bruce Lipton's "the biology of belief' can be huge/fast help in expanding within and developing beliefs one can really have faith in - if that makes sense.
Amen to that. ;)

http://www.merlinworld.com/forum/viewto ... 181&p=3216" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merlin
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

VERY interesting by Teri. I've never seen that but it makes perfect sense. Old beliefs get challenged, and depending how deeply rooted they are, they will indeed effect the physical body. Have you ever heard of a hypno-therapist in FL by the name of Stephen Parkhill? If I ever get cancer, or some serious malady, I am heading straight to his doorstep. He has a high rate of full recovery from terminal illness by using regression to discover the person's initial emotional experience, which is invariably negative, and often clear back to the womb. In short, he changes this first event to a positive emotional experience, and often spontaneous remission starts at that point. He's been doing this for over 20 years. If there is interest in this I can provide some links.

The point I guess is that, oh yeah, the subconscious powerfully influences the body - either for the positive or negative. Mainstream medicine is pretty much oblivious to this stuff, of course....

Thanks very much for the reply....
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

oldbob wrote:Have you ever heard of a hypno-therapist in FL by the name of Stephen Parkhill?
Sorry I don't.
oldbob wrote:If I ever get cancer, or some serious malady, I am heading straight to his doorstep.
If you do get cancer, the first thing you should do is read this section. It saved my brother's life.

http://www.merlinworld.com/research-cancer.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Merlin
NicB

Post by NicB »

Welcome oldbob! I'm pretty new the forum aswell. But hugely interested in all the topics and would love to see a comminuty develop here. :) So, welcome!
oldbob wrote:Mainstream medicine is pretty much oblivious to this stuff, of course....
On the contrary, they are very aware of this stuff. But they're making billions of dollars a year off of outdated wisdom, so they are not motivated to tell everyone how it really is. ;)