Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
xcfastdude

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by xcfastdude »

Nope I focused my efforts on fantasy football and basketball today and decided to just enjoy the fight instead of betting on it.
Geeze Jones is a dickhead though.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Nope I focused my efforts on fantasy football and basketball today and decided to just enjoy the fight instead of betting on it.
Geeze Jones is a dickhead though.
I mean poor Cormier had 1 of Jones leg up but wasn't tall enough to raise it high enough so that Jones looses balance and fall down so Jones was just jumping around on 1 leg and he stayed up.

When I saw that I was thinking WTF??? :roll:

Sure it can end up with the small guy giving the tall dude a massive uppercut but other than that, it usually is a boring fight because the small guy can't reach the tall guy.

Oh well, it was a free link so not like I paid $50 to see those guys. :lol:

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Same here :lol: :lol:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Same here :lol: :lol:
:lol:

Nothing beats free stuff. :twisted:

Looking forward UFC 183 with Anderson Silva's return.

So what do you think? You think GSP will make a return too this year? :lol:

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Pack Leader poses this
He is one tuff SOB.. It is entirely possible, -If the money is there.!! Great fighter all around warrior, puts on a great title fight. Great Champion..

Trouble with UFC much infighting and sore losers, bode ill for Dana.. Tight fisted with his money, ruling with an Iron Fist ,

it's his fiefdom, his money and his Biz, no one tells him how to run it.. Would really want GSP to return, however it is very difficult, to get back into tip top condition. My late Father -God Bless his dead cold blooded Azz- had a vast knowledge of training principles and could "whip" most anyone into terrific shape. Me for one able to run the then Sears Towers -100 flights, up Could fight endlessly and not get too tired, got my lumps during that time but usually outlasted most fighters.
Getting my revenge in the later rounds..Du nno if you've ever experienced the so called "second wind". burst but it is true.
Must look up the etiology of this phenomenon someday. .

wire Cheerz UFC fight fanz!!
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Merlin Pack Leader poses this
He is one tuff SOB.. It is entirely possible, -If the money is there.!! Great fighter all around warrior, puts on a great title fight. Great Champion..

Trouble with UFC much infighting and sore losers, bode ill for Dana.. Tight fisted with his money, ruling with an Iron Fist ,

it's his fiefdom, his money and his Biz, no one tells him how to run it.. Would really want GSP to return, however it is very difficult, to get back into tip top condition.
First of all Dana White was begging GSP to come back. Dana said many times that GSP was the PPV King and attracting many clients and making UFC millions.

Second, GSP last fight with Hendricks was a wake up call for him. Not that he was close to lose because everyone has to lose someday but because Hendricks had to LOSE weight to reach the 175 class weight while GSP had to gain some and CLEARLY outclassed on this.

GSP retired but went right back to the gym to gain at least 25 lb of muscle mass so now he will be able to either lose some to fight Hendricks and the old friends but also fight in the higher class maybe with Silva which is the dream fight that every UFC fan wants to see.

GSP has already beat Lawler so I'm not afraid that GSP can do it again and then go for SIlva next. Many sources here say that GSP will make his come back this year and White will give him the red carpet rest assure of that. ;)

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Pack Leader predicts--
White will give him the red carpet rest assured of that. ;)
Eh,
In retrospect, GSP is a moneymaker, and a huge draw, for the sport, and the UFC.. Always some young gun hoping to overthrow the top Gun Warrior,-- Silva ? Yeah, my money on GSP if that comes down.. Was not aware that GSP was still training, the news in the lower 48, has been sparse on his doings.. So he has been bulking up and now is training down??
What a showman yeah hold out for a bigger share of the purse as well.

You in the vicinity of his gym, training camp? In the past , some gyms camps, charged a fee to observe the champs train,

been to a couple of these. Watched the sparring partners used as punching bags for a round -or even two!! Ground and pound work -shitz real killer work.. Yeah I know boring :lol: brings the weight way down quickly..

wire Cheerz
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:You in the vicinity of his gym, training camp?
No not really. I follow boxing and UFC fights but not to the point where I follow each guy and know by heart their stats etc...

I just watch them for the fun of getting free PPV fights on the net and that's about it.

It's nice to have the former UFC champ here but to be honest I'm not a fan of his fighting style. He like to do a lot of takedowns so when he does that, the fight stops and it's only a few elbows to the head and then the bell rings and it's the same on the next round.

I prefer the fight like Hendricks and Lawler, standing up like in boxing, punches, kicks, etc. Not a fan of wrestling where the whole round is wasted near the octagon fence.

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Just watched an interview today with GSP and he said he's in very good shape and if he wants to come back, it will be as easy as snapping his fingers. :lol:

He said that he won't come back anytime soon because he will soon announce something big before this summer. :shock:

What do you think? A UFC parallel league? A MMA school?

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Pack Leader poses this query -
What do you think? A UFC parallel league? A MMA school?
Merlin Eh,
Both can be very lucrative , another competitive venue, would cause Dana nightmares, with his present troubles and threats to his wallet, and the panache GSP enjoys , their could be a mass exodus of fighters unhappy with the UFC to such a venture.. Same with a teaching venue --courses, various schools with certainly GSP trademarked name attached..
GSP has run the gamut in this sport and is well aware of what is out there.! Looking forward to his future plans.. These would be gutsy daring moves..IMHO

wire Cheerz Boyz and Girlz.. :SupNap: