Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

Watch this guys, both sides are throwing good ones... :twisted:

I forgot about round 6, I thought it was a total domination by Kovalev but I guess not. Pascal had a chance there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dalmo1T5__A[/youtube]

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Wow, this Freddie Roach has some balls, I like that. :twisted:

He told Pascal that if he does nothing and stays in the ropes and get punches after punches without replying that he will stop the fight and... HE DID. :shock:

How many boring fights we would have avoided if Freddie was in all of them. :lol:

Sorry Pascal but I saw nothing from you tonight so... you lost the fight. Next time (if there is a next time) during a boxing match, you need to throw some punches to win... it helps. ;)

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I know right? Pascal is DONE.

He was very fortunate to have Roach in his corner, because he was getting hit with bombs and really I only saw him have one decent round

which was round 3. Kovalev could have ended the fight sooner than that too. He would let up a bit when he would get him on the ropes and back off to prolong the punishment :shock: Roach stopping the fight saved him from ending up in the ICU or something.

I heard that Pascal made a $50K bet that he would last past the 8th round. So not only did he lose the fight, but he lost the bet :lol:

Betting the under on the 9.5 over/under rounds was a no-brainer. Too bad I'm not really betting on sports right now :roll:

I want to see Kovalev and Andre Ward fight next.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I know right? Pascal is DONE.
Done is not the word, pulverized or total annihilation is the right word to talk about his boxing "career". Personally, I'm so fed with this type of guy who just run their mouth again and again and talk trash all the time saying he's a gorilla and will tame this Kovalev and acts like a little kitten inside the ring. :evil:
xcfastdude wrote:He was very fortunate to have Roach in his corner,
Yeah that to me is a disgrace for Freddie. Such a great world known trainer should have NEVER teamed up with Pascal no matter how much Pascal wanted to pay him. It's a disgrace to his legendary skills.

On a local website they are asking what is Pascal's future? And I almost posted "... well the Burger King in my neighborhood is hiring...".
xcfastdude wrote:I want to see Kovalev and Andre Ward fight next.
I would like to see Kovalev with Adonis Stevenson, at least this guy can punch. It will be a fight for the 4 belts anyway.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

Anybody watching the Anderson Silva fight tonight?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:Anybody watching the Anderson Silva fight tonight?
Not really.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

UFC 196 should be interesting though. Even the girls fight will be fun to watch.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I'm strongly considering putting some money on the Holm and McGregor fights. I have no idea who I want to bet on though.

Interestingly enough, I read about some guy who made a shitload off of Holm when she beat Rousey, and now he's betting I believe 70 K against Holm :shock:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I'm strongly considering putting some money on the Holm and McGregor fights. I have no idea who I want to bet on though.

Interestingly enough, I read about some guy who made a shitload off of Holm when she beat Rousey, and now he's betting I believe 70 K against Holm :shock:
Yeah I think she got lucky with the kick behind Rousey's head and that kind of luck can't follow you all the time. She's a good boxer but I don't think she would win a 2nd fight with Rousey and Tate will give Holm the ride of her life Saturday.

If Holm survives this, my opinion of her will change but so far, she's just a 1 hit wonder.

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I'm picking Diaz to beat McGregor. Just a gut feeling.
If Diaz somehow gets this fight on the ground...it's gonna be interesting.