Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Any UFC and Boxing fans here?

Post by Merlin »

mike2017 wrote:somewhat of a fan of combat sports. use to be better in years past. now just a causal fan
Watched Canelo vs Chavez tonight?
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Any of you guys have seen this before??? :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2uZjPP1k5E[/youtube]
wojt864

Post by wojt864 »

holy crap, I did not know that there is a topic dedicated to combat sports :D
UFC/Khabib/30th December anyone? :)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wojt864 wrote:holy crap, I did not know that there is a topic dedicated to combat sports :D
UFC/Khabib/30th December anyone? :)
I mostly fighters from Montreal (GSP, Jean Pascal, David Lemieux, etc...).
wojt864

Post by wojt864 »

I've never been a big fan of GSP. Before his comeback the only one fight that I thought was great was against Carlos Condit. Than he definetely lost to Hendricks (in my opinion). When he announced his comeback he said he will fight Bisping on the feet and I was like "yeah right". But he did :) What a awesome fight that was. From that day I'm his big fan and I hope that one day UFC make GSP vs Mcgregor so that Georges could mop the floor with this irish dickhead :)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wojt864 wrote:I've never been a big fan of GSP. Before his comeback the only one fight that I thought was great was against Carlos Condit. Than he definetely lost to Hendricks (in my opinion). When he announced his comeback he said he will fight Bisping on the feet and I was like "yeah right". But he did :) What a awesome fight that was. From that day I'm his big fan and I hope that one day UFC make GSP vs Mcgregor so that Georges could mop the floor with this irish dickhead :)
GSP has to gain weight to beat Bisping because he was in a higher weight class and because it caused GSP so much health issue to gain that much weight, he recently said that he not staying at the class and want to either come back to his regular weight class but now people want him drop even more to a weight class below his regular one. :roll:

Poor GSP, he can't win no matter what. :lol:
wojt864

Post by wojt864 »

No need to tell me :) I'm into mma since 2005 when our polish olimpic champion in judo Pawel Nastula began to fight in Pride FC. Since then I watch every major mma event (every UFC, Strikeforce back in the days, some Bellator, Rizin etc) :) As far as I know GSP's unofficial plan was to come back from retirement and first beat Bisping because as you may know The Count was...hmm very lucky champion :D, next beat Tyron Woodley for the welterweigh title (hard fight but in his natural weigh class) and then do money fight with mcgregor. Becoming only one champion in 3 weight classes. No one believed that GSP would stay in middleweight. Too big guys out there. Part one of his plan is done :D Not without the trouble but he did it. Now, Mcgregor is very easy fight for him. Mismatch even. GSP has fought much better strikers then Conor and on the ground... jezus christ. His fight with Woodley may be a problem though. Tyron is fuckin monster with great power and wrestling skills. Absolutely amazing fight if it happen.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wojt864 wrote:Absolutely amazing fight if it happen.
I agree. I would only go for McGregor if I was GSP just to beat everyone on all 3 classes and then retire but the thing is that GSP is not me, getting trophys is not his thing, he loves fighting so he might stay in his regular class just for the fun of it but the problem I see with this is that he will eventually lose and lose and lose and be taken out by his age rather than retire at the top.

Hey, who am I to judge, the guy does what he loves so let him meet bigger an bigger guys and be thrown 50 feet away from the octogone. :lol:
wojt864

Post by wojt864 »

Did you see UFC last night? :)
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wojt864 wrote:Did you see UFC last night? :)
Nope.