Yeeaayyy The Walking Dead is back :-D

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Yeeaayyy The Walking Dead is back :-D

Post by Merlin »

This show drives me nuts. I really love it and the fact that its the #1 tv show on cable says that I'm not alone watching it but the fact that last episode (ep. 16 of season 4) was broadcasted March 30th of this year :shock: :roll: makes me wonder WTF are they thinking here???

That's right. They have the #1 show and they take the luxury of separating 2 seasons by a 7 months. :evil: That's an eternity when you love and follow a show.

I mean how stupid (or evil) are they playing with fire like this? You can't finish 3 months before and start 1 month after the all the other shows out there. :?

It's the only show that gets more and more people watching as the seasons advances. I have NEVER seen that happened before. It's so addicted that everyone watching the previous season comes back with their friends and they get hooked too and so on. :lol:

Anyway, now it's back and I just finished watching season 4 again just to remind me of what happened at the end of the previous season so that I can follow the beginning of this year.

Anyone else follow the show?

Merlin
neil61

Re: Yeeaayyy The Walking Dead is back :-D

Post by neil61 »

Me and the mrs both enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but she got a bit bored in season 3 of the zombies taking a back seat to the two warring groups. I still not seen any of season 4. but will catch up on it at some point.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

neil61 wrote:Me and the mrs both enjoyed the first couple of seasons, but she got a bit bored in season 3 of the zombies taking a back seat to the two warring groups. I still not seen any of season 4. but will catch up on it at some point.
Yeah I see your point and also the fact that in Season 4, they bounced from 1 episode with the governor and the next week episode was with Rick and the gang at the prison made it a bit weird and hard to follow and it continues in Season 4 when they all get separated (don't want to spoil your fun and say too much) and because of that there were more zombie action but wow season 5's opening :shock: Holy shit, they started with a MEGA BANG. :SupNap:

I almost never watch again a show but this one, I went in my trash bin and hit RESTORE because I want to watch it again tonight.

This is the type of opening that would draw even more viewers. Hopefully they will make enough money to film more episodes so that we don't get left out to dry for 6+ months. :?

Merlin
xcfastdude

Post by xcfastdude »

I'm gonna start watching it. I'll check it out on Netflix and get caught up. Everyone on my facebook feed is buzzing about this show and I feel left out :?

I'm always behind on shows and stuff though. I just recently finished watching breaking bad.
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

xcfastdude wrote:I'm gonna start watching it. I'll check it out on Netflix and get caught up. Everyone on my facebook feed is buzzing about this show and I feel left out :?

I'm always behind on shows and stuff though. I just recently finished watching breaking bad.
Well first of all you have to have a childish personality because it's about well...zombies :lol: so usually when you say you love a movie or TV series about zombies the first reaction of people would be ... :roll: oh boy and then what? Some first person shooter video game. :lol:

So yes it's LOADED with violence and people killing zombies with swords and gun and heads falling off and blood everywhere so it's not for everyone (over the mental age of 8 :lol: ) but the concept is interesting.

If you watched movies like dawn of the dead and wondered what it would be like to not just be stuck in a mall with 100s of zombies around it slamming the doors to get in and eat you but instead wonder how it would be like to be stuck not just for a day but for many months and years with zombies everywhere.

You learn that you cannot rely on having friends watching in the woods (or even in houses) while you sleep because sometimes dozens of zombies can pop in at any time and surround your house making it impossible to escape.

You cannot run away either too because you need gas which is hard to find or do your groceries since everything is shot down, the cities streets are empty except for cars parked everywhere but nobody in them.

You need to find humans and team up with them or die.

I personally love it. The fact that you just never know who will die next week and what's going to happen in the next 3 seconds makes it really addictive.

Merlin
James Sawyer

Post by James Sawyer »

That was their best season premiere since the second season. Excellent episode and Carol is just crazy badass :lol:
VirgoShowgirl

Post by VirgoShowgirl »

Yeah LOVE Carol, but Beth is totally useless since the beginning, can't she get killed already ???
Want to see more of Michonne aswell...
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

VirgoShowgirl wrote:Yeah LOVE Carol, but Beth is totally useless since the beginning, can't she get killed already ???
Want to see more of Michonne aswell...
Ladies and Gentlemen, Virgo just discovered the General Discussion Forum. :SupNap:

Welcome! :lol: :lol: Nice to see you around here. ;)

Merlin :lol:
Raiko

Post by Raiko »

I never could get into that show.What is it about besides zombies.Does the plot have any depth.
"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing you'll never get it done."
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

Raiko wrote:I never could get into that show.What is it about besides zombies.Does the plot have any depth.
Once you have seen a movie or show about a zombie you have seen them all, they just look ugly and go toward you to eat you alive so The Walking Dead is special NOT because it has zombies but because of the dept of the story.

The proof is in their TV ratings...

Season 1 6 October 31, 2010 5.35 [Millions]
Season 2 13 October 16, 2011 7.26 [Millions]
Season 3 16 October 14, 2012 10.87 [Millions]
Season 4 16 October 13, 2013 16.11 [Millions]
Season 5 16 October 12, 2014 17.3 [Millions]

I have NEVER even heard of a TV show that not only stays the same but increases in audience. :shock:

So right there you have a hint about watching the #1 show on TV today. If it was just seeing a bunch of zombies coming and getting slashed in half it would get old VERY FAST much less last 1 full season and even less increase their audience year after year.

Merlin