RV and Paramotor: Living THE life

In this forum, the topics are up to you. Whether it's about Law of Attraction, Science, Metaphysics, Spiritual, World Events and News, etc....
Merlin
Site Admin

Re: RV and Paramotor: Living THE life

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Paramotoring oh so much safer..and laid back.. and your Azz is covered..safety wise..

wireman Good find --but stressing Paramotoring :SupNap:
Yeah much more safer and that's because unlike skydiving where the parachute is still folded in your back pack and may not open near the ground causing a "little" safety problem :lol:, but with paramotors, we don't start at 10,000 feet, we start on the ground with the parachute ALREADY open.

Not sure I would do what Dell did here which is to fly over long areas of water but hey, kinda cool to see him land on a desert island with his aircraft on his back. :lol:

Gotta be one of the most coolest sport on the planet.

Merlin
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

I kinda liked the Serenity RV model but it was lacking in outside storage room to store my disassembled paramotor but I think I found the right one for the job.

Look at the big door on the rear right side. :shock: That's exactly what I was looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY1Dqwk3--8#t=948[/youtube]

Merlin
wireman

Post by wireman »

Merlin Ey,

One sweet motor home..Beats the hell out of any I've ever owned..top notch amenities..
My Onan Gen has lp and gasoline, and I had to install the multifuel carb.. best gen I've ever owned ,older but still the absolute best IMO..runs and keeps on running..Plenty room in that corner he's over 6 '..Electronics dynamite, has it all, can see why you went overboard for this.

Benz has top designers and somebody is thinking..of the consumers..5 Speed whoah nice
wonder if that 5th gear is OD?? Fuel mileage has to be great.&.lp burns so very clean..
Haven't used diesel (smoker fuel) in ages,have they removed the stench yet, the smell and clinging to you whenever you change filters- etc..Have thrown many coveralls, et all away.. :(
w/this odor..p-u!!

wireman Damn cool!! :SupNap:
Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Merlin »

wireman wrote:Haven't used diesel (smoker fuel) in ages
Yeah I know, I wanted gas instead of diesel because when you stop at a gas station, they usually have more gas pumps than diesel pumps so you can fill quickly and go instead of waiting in line but go figure why Mercedes Benz prefer diesel for this truck!

Btw, Mercedes just supplies the front cabin and the chassis, all the rest is built by Leisure Travel Vans.

I know that diesel has changed along the years and you won't see black smoke coming out of this one like you see with the 45' long vans. It does between 15-20 Mpg so very good fuel economy and that's for the 6 cylinder one. They now offer a new 4 cylinder Turbo engine going well above 25 Mpg.

I would go with the 4 cylinder because on flat roads you don't see a difference except on your wallet but in the mountains, you can kick in the turbo if you need it.

I think that all vehicles should be like that. Small engine on flat road and some extra power only when you need them. That would save A LOT of fuel.

Merlin